Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween in Russia!

Hey Everyone,

So I am sorry that is has been quite some time since I have updated this. The simple explanation is that I have been having a great time. Most of the time is spent with my roommates hanging out in our room. They are truly great people and I have loved getting to know them better and better each day. In addition, my computer charger broke so I have no computer now and the internet does not work on my computer.

Anyway, I will try to write a longer post later about Moscow and my Fall Break to Istanbul because there is so much to talk about. But right now I want to talk about Halloween.

Halloween was awesome! My roommates and I just cooked this massive Mexican food meal. There was so much food and we basically recreated Chipotle burritos. Oh and we even made our own lime chips that were so good. But we couldn’t help but snack throughout the entire time we were cooking the meal so we were all stuffed by dinnertime. Oh and then we watched The Shining and A Haunting in Connecticut. And on top of that we had all these candles in the room and there was just massive amounts of candy, cookies, caramel corn, marshmallows, and cookies to make s'mores. It was so filling but so much fun.

I have never really been a fan of Halloween, but I think I have come to appreciate the holiday since I have spent it in Russia. In Russia, they are just now beginning to celebrate the holiday, which surprised me. I never saw any children trick-or-treating. Mostly college students dressed up and used it as an excuse to drink. I am sorry correction; everyday in Russia is a day to drink so this day is just a day to drink while dressed up. Regardless it was great day because the holiday was spent with friends. It was nice to spend the night inside (plus it is freezing temperatures at night now) just enjoying a holiday in a stereotypical manner. I will admit though it was sad not to see the candy aisles in stores and the bright orange and black that covers stores windows and houses. Regardless, it was a great Halloween and one I will remember for later Halloweens. I hope everyone else had an awesome night as well and was safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment